Ironman Mont Tremblant

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Going Postal Part Duh

Ok so I finally got to see how many laps I could swim in 30 minutes to enter in this Postal contest on Slowtwitch.  Anyways I banged out 1,700 meters in 30 minutes for a 1:45 pace per 100 meters (or that's what they calculated for me).  Hmmm that seems way too fast.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=3057354;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

The idea of this challenge is that the triathlon season is over and how to keep motivated in the pool.  I've toyed with the idea of rejoining the Master swim club as lane swimming quickly becomes extremely boring but I'm not sure why (well ok obviously its cheaper to lane swim) I haven't.  Without my swimming buddy, its sure is boring.  However there is a USA swim coach posting workouts on this thread and I've been doing them which makes swimming a little more interesting sooooo do I really need to go back to the Masters?  Time will tell what I end up doing.

Here's the "Part Duh."

I play hockey on Tuesday night right after work and I got to the rink and started getting dressed but when I went to put on my helmet, it was no where to be found.  Now, I maybe a moron but there is no way I'm playing ice hockey without a helmet as the guys I play with can be a little chippy in fact there was a fight last week (no not me).  How often do you see a fight in pick up hockey?  Not very often.  I ended up going to the lost and found and borrowed a kid's lost helmet (yuck) that was a little too small and my head was hurting by the end of the game but it did the job.  I found my helmet downstairs in the basement when I dumped my gear later tonight.  Tammy had hung it up on a pole and I didn't see it when I was packing my gear.

Earlier today I went to Semi Sports for some physio treatment on my hamstring.  On Sunday, Tammy had this great idea of cleaning the basement and throwing out the carpet we had saved from upstairs when we got hardwood.  I must have tweaked my hamstring going up and down the stairs so many goddamm times and I  ran Monday morning followed by a leg workout.  By Monday afternoon, my hamstring was aching so I made an appointment.  As you may recall, I've had on and off hamstring issues this year so I better take care of this sooner rather than later.  The therapist told me I have weak glutes and hamstring and gave me some exercises to do.  Stop me if you've heard this before........

I also wanted to get my hand checked out as six weeks ago I got hit with the puck in the palm of my hand and it still aches whenever I put pressure on it like if I do push ups or riding.  It turns out its a deep bruise that hasn't healed properly.  Good thing its the off season

Oh yea I need to get around about updating thoughts on the 2010 race season

1 comment:

  1. and here I thought I was taking risks by mountain biking - hockey is waay more prone to injury!

    Luckily it's the off season! :)

    ReplyDelete