Ironman Mont Tremblant

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Flow

Tonight I did my first Body Flow Class" at Goodlife.  It was bring a "friend" month and so Tammy brought me.  I guess I'm my wife's friend.

Body Flow is
A fusion of yoga, tai chi and pilates. Take an unforgettable journey that leaves you feeling centered and calm. Builds flexibility and strength.


As important as training is for a triathlete, I'm a big believer in using yoga to help strengthen and stretch the body to minimize injuries.  However that said, I haven't been able to make it to any classes.  Tammy and I talked about doing a "couple thing" where we would get a babysitter and do a class once a week.  This was suppose to start back in September once the kids went back to school.  Last night was our first night. 

Overall, it was ok as there were several things I could not do and I think it was helpful but I did do one yoga class with Personal Best last year and it was much harder.  Tammy was killing herself laughing at my wobbling poses in fact the instructor (Tammy's friend) asked her what was so funny in front of everybody.  Kind of like in school.  "Tammy, what's so funny?  Perhaps you would like to share it with the rest of the class or go to the Principal's office."

Would I go again?  Yea sure why not.  It was helpful

This morning I rode on the trainer for one hour and it was painful.  I find it so boooorrriiiinnnngg so I watched a show called Weeds that I borrowed from my manager.  I've heard of it but never seen it before.  I think its a HBO production but needless to say, I won't be watching that show when my kids are around.  Yikes

I can not belive how hungry I've been for the last couple of days.  It seems I'm constantly grazing.  Oink oink

1 comment:

  1. I have the depest respect for Yoga-pilate type people. I fail hard at that stuff. It's waaay tougher than it looks. I thought I was 'in-shape' until I tried that stuff out lol.

    Oh - and step away from the trough! Keep your snout grazing on healthy things at least :)

    ReplyDelete