Ironman Mont Tremblant

Friday, November 26, 2010

Crap Swim

John P wrote about a crappy swim he had the other day and today I had one as well.  It was only 2,000 meters but it was a struggle to the end.  I did:

400 swim

9x50 0:10 (1-3 kick, 4-6 pull, 7-9 swim)
300 swim
300 pull (skipped the pull)
9x50 0:20 seconds rest
#1 breathe every 3 strokes
#2 breathe every 5 strokes
#3 breathe every 7 strokes
100 easy
2000 Short Course Meters

The thought of bailing around the 1,700 metre mark as John P's blog came to mind.  I hung in to finish but my form was pretty bad.  I was bagged from the night before.  I had a work function and didn't get home until 10 pm, had a couple of beers and then crashed but I woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep.
 
Tammy asked how was swimming when I got home.  I mumbled I was a "little" tired.  I can't really tell her how bagged I was if I plan on sneaking out for hockey tonight.  Worse case scenario, if I don't play, I'll ride tomorrow morning outside.  Hopefully the roads will be dry and it won't be as windy. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Suck it up! Niiiice. Glad to hear you grinded it out! That's awesome!

    Now I really wish I would have finished what I started on my swim, but your post will come to mind next time my determination wavers! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete