Ironman Mont Tremblant

Saturday, October 23, 2010

That's Mister Pace Bunny

Today's run was 1:45 minutes but instead of running at my normal pace, I tried to run at Tammy's perceived pace of 6:00 min\km.  It was harder than I thought it would be as I would be running in zone 2 as opposed to zone 3 which meant going slower.  Also I was fairly sore from Thursday's leg workout and the first couple of steps were painful but once I got moving it wasn't so bad.  All in all, according to my Polar I ran 17.12 at a pace of 6:09 min/km but according to google maps, I ran 16.3 km at a pace of 6:27 min/km.  A big difference!  I really need to reset my pedometer.

However, just as I was finishing the run, I started to feel my right calf seize up in the exact same spot as last week.  I'm not sure how much further I've could have continued, but this could be a problem.  Its not a sore as last week but I think I need to contact Kevin this week otherwise, I could end up walking or worse......DNFing.

No comments:

Post a Comment