Ironman Mont Tremblant

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Another One Bites The Dust

First there was Around The Bay, then Whitby Half Marathon and now Milton. I have a perfect race record in 2010.

This morning I rode for 90 minutes and everything was ok when I got back. My Hammy was a little sore but nothing major. I decided to go for a very short run just to see how it felt as I haven't been running all week. Well I got about half the distance last week, oh about 200 metres before I felt that familiar stabbing pain. Clearly I'm not built to run and I think I need to work more on strength training and stretching. Some people can get away without doing it, I ain't one of them.

I've toyed with the idea of only doing the swim and ride for Milton (seeing that I've already paid) but with the weather calling for 90% chance of rain, why bother? I'm pretty sure I can swim 75o metres and then ride 30 km so why risk crashing coming down the Sixth Line Hill in the pouring rain? Last year I hit 75 km/hr coming down the hill. Its only a "C" race. The Guelph Olympic race is only 2 weeks away and I'm not even sure if I'll be ok by that time.

Two weeks is a long time and I should be good to go right???? Grrr this hammy thing has been going on for two weeks and nothing has changed.

I am not happy






No comments:

Post a Comment