Ironman Mont Tremblant

Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'm Such A Moron Part ll

So after the trip to the emergency room the other day, I laid off the anti-inflams but the emergency doctor did give me a new prescription for a powerful pain killer and more anti-inflams but not to take any more until today (Thursday).  My foot has been killing and walking has become more painful and difficult.  I took the pain killers a couple of times and it seemed to help a bit.  The warning label clearly indicates NOT to take them if driving but this morning, my foot was aching, swollen and warm.  I soaked it in a bucket of cold water and that helped.  Swimming was cancelled this morning as the maintenance staff must have slept in and there was no one to let us in.  Swimming helps my foot feel much better (why I have no idea) but by the time I was leaving for work, I was limping again.  I took two pills of the anti-inflams and one of the pain killers and then headed into work. 

I have about a 40 minute drive into work and its always stop and go traffic.  Around 30 minutes later, I was getting very very sleepy.  I pulled into a Costco parking lot with the intention of having a quick nap in the empty parking lot (I've done this a couple of times before) but I noticed there were no cars lined up for the Costco Gas so I gassed up instead.  The fresh air helped wake me up so I drove the rest of the way to work.  Once I got there, I thought about closing my door and turning off the lights as I was still drowsy but made it through the morning.  I decided to go swim at the local community center to make up for this morning.  I was feeling pretty hungry but had a Cliff Bar.  I've swam a couple of times at the center and it’s a nice pool but several years ago, I almost got into a fight with the head lifeguard as he didn't like the way I was swimming.  He has since moved on, so I go there once in a while for my third swim of the week.

There were the usual suspects swimming in the fast lane but this time there was a guy who was older than me but way faster.  Between the two of us, most of the breast strokers stayed away.  Normally I just swim a simple 3 x 1,000 meters but that gets pretty boring so I took one of the workouts that coach expected me to do (which I never).  Just to mix things up, she put in some backstroke.  I started swimming on my back but became really dizzy and nauseated.  I kept crashing into the lane markers so I switched back to front crawl and finished the rest of the set. 

Once back into the office, I felt really light headed but I had a meeting.  I quickly ate my lunch and then went into my meeting.  Afterwards, I felt a little better and my headache subsided but I still googled "anti-inflams and ODing.

I think I'll wait a little longer before taking more anti-inflams.

No comments:

Post a Comment