Ironman Mont Tremblant

Monday, October 17, 2011

Amazing!

The Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon was yesterday

100 year old Fauja Singh (UK) ran it in in 8:11:05


Fauja Singh, 100, center, celebrates at the finish line after completing the Toronto Waterfront Marathon in Toronto on Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011. Singh became the oldest person to complete a full-distance marathon when he finished the race, earning a spot in the Guiness Book of World Records for his accomplishment.

Not to be outdone, 80 year old Ed Whitlock (Ont) ran it in 3:15:50, which is 29 minutes faster than my time for the Toronto Goodlife Marathon this spring.





I, on the other hand, gained two pounds by grazing all weekend.  The only good thing was that I did a 90 minute trainer ride on Saturday and a 90 minute run Sunday morning and I still gained.  Mooooooooooo

3 comments:

  1. That guy would totally smoke me with that time.

    I'm not sure if I would be incredibly inspired, or incredibly CRUSHED when he passed me.

    Wow. Just wow,

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing, makes me feel like I need to buck up and train harder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, I'm not saying Mr. Singh isn't 100 years old. What I am saying is that I may have found a way to get you to Ironman Hawaii. How do you feel about dual citizenship?

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15370205

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete