Ironman Mont Tremblant

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Countdown To The Chilly

Not much is going on, other than work is still very busy.  I've begun to taper down for the Chilly Half Marathon in Burlington, Ontario that's next Sunday.  Its the first time I've run this race so I have no idea what the course is like or what to expect in terms of performance.  Originally, I thought I could smash my PB time from the Scotia Half Marathon in September 2008 but some of my recent long runs have put me of pace of a signficatly worse finish so we'll see. 



As per my usual screw ups, I always seem to wreck my shoes right before a race and so earlier this week I went out and got a new pair of shoes which totally breaks the rule of not wearing anything new durning a race.  Doh!  I'll probably get it about two or three runs before the race but seeing that they are exactly the same shoe as what I've been training in, hopefully it make a difference.

That's pretty much it.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your race! I'm running in the Chilly half marathon too for the first time. I have an Ottawa Race Weekend 2008 1/2 marathon PR - I don't think I'm there...the course is fairly flat, but it March (i.e. chilly!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the race! New shoes will make you faster! Right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the donation!!! You are awesome!

    Still catching up on my blog reading from plowing all day Friday.

    Where your shoes everywhere. I will do that when I get new shoes to break them in.

    I always try to find a pacer and stick with them. Find someone who is talkative and let them talk the whole race haha, it is a GREAT mind distractor.

    Hopefully you get a PR but a lot has to do with what happens race day. No pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be running I Florida in 80 degree weather while u freeze your ass off! Have a good race. Remember it's not an A race.

    ReplyDelete