Ironman Mont Tremblant

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A New Low Or Rather A New High

I stepped on the scale this morning and I knew it wasn't going to be pretty.



I've seem to gain five pounds in three days.  That's a pretty good trick as five pounds is over 15,000 calories. Yesterday I was tired from Friday night's hockey (went to bed at midnight and woke up at 5 am) and I hemmed and hawed about going out for a run.  Basically throughout the day, I was just grazing.  Too tired to do anything but sit around and eat.  Finally at 4:45 pm I went for an 70 minute run.  According to Polar, I ran 14 km at a 4:54 min\km pace.  Highly unlikely.

Then we went to my friend's birthday party where consumption of lots of food and beers contributed to my current state (mild hangover).  We did play ball hockey in his driveway with some of the kids.  I haven't  played ball hockey in over 20 years.  It was quite fun especially when I scored the game winning goal after which we went back in and had cake and more beers.  Good thing its off season.

Actually the large part of my weight gain has to do with salt.  On Thursday, Tammy bought a pasta dish that was very salty and my weight went from 175.4 to 177.6 and then last night, I was eating peanuts which again were salty and that's how I gained five pounds from Thursday night to Sunday morning.  Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  If my theory is correct, I should be back down to 175 around Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I should return that salt lick I got you for
    Xmas then eh??? :)

    ReplyDelete