Ironman Mont Tremblant

Friday, September 10, 2010

We're Going To Get Wet

Two days to go.  This afternoon we're heading up to Deerhurst for the weekend.  They had a "special deal" for $180 a night, the only trouble is you have to stay three nights.  I have an all day meeting downtown which  will end at noon.  I hope to leave our place around 2 pm and get up there with plenty of time to get settled.  The athlete dinner starts at 6:30 pm tonight.  I'm not sure I can wait that long to eat

Am I ready?  Well at this point its pretty irrelevant.  It is what it is.

I met with Scobie yesterday for some pointers and he had two really good ones:  1)  Friday night, take a sleeping pill to ensure a good night's sleep as its the sleep two nights before the race that counts.  I've heard this before but still don't understand it  2)  keep an even pace on the bike.  Part of the problem during Muskoka Long Course was that I pushed it too hard on the bike and suffered on the run.  By keeping an even pace on the bike both on the flats and hills that would minimize the chances of blowing myself up.  However, given the lovely weather we're expecting, I don't think I'll be going as fast as I wanted.


Bags packed, gear packed, bike tuned up and packed.  Even went out and bought two new portable DVD players so all three kids would have their own.  Who knew triathlons would be such an expensive sport?


Wonderful.  As my bro pointed out "it could be worse, you could be out there for 14 hours in the rain"


Long Term Forecast Updated: Friday, September 10, 2010, 5:18 EDT
Saturday
Sep. 11
Sunday
Sep. 12
Monday
Sep. 13
Tuesday
Sep. 14
Wednesday
Sep. 15
Thursday
Sep. 16
Conditions 
6am - 6pm
Mainly sunnyCloudy with showersCloudy periodsMainly sunnyLight rainIsolated showers
Mainly sunnyCloudy with showersCloudy periodsMainly sunnyLight rainIsolated showers
P.O.P.20%70%20%10%80%40%
High20°C16°C19°C17°C13°C14°C
Low6°C13°C12°C9°C9°C6°C
WindS 5 km/hSE 10 km/hSW 10 km/hNW 10 km/hN 5 km/hN 5 km/h
24-Hr Rainless than 1 mmclose to 5 mmclose to 1 mmclose to 1 mm5-10 mmless than 1 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment