Ironman Mont Tremblant

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another Ride.....Another Flat

How is it possible I get so many flat tires?

This morning I left at 5:45 am as the sun is rising later. Someone convinced me riding in the dark isn't safe so I waited until at least there was a crack of light. It was either that or ride inside which I absolutely hate and ranks right up there with watching paint dry.

I was riding for five minutes along Major Mac when I got flat tire. At least it was the front which made changing the tire easier. While I was standing on the side of the road waiting for traffic to pass so I could go across the street and change my tire on the sidewalk under the street light, I nearly got clipped by some idiot. Maybe riding inside would have been a better idea.

Surprisingly, I actually changed the flat in record time and didn't pinch the inner tube when I filled it. Could this mean, I'm actually getting good at changing flats?

Coach said the reason why I was getting so many flats and blowing up so many inner tubes was that the inner tubes I bought from the cycling stores are too thin. When I get my bike tuned up for the final race, we'll install thicker tubes which should a) minimize the possibilities of flat tires and b) not get pinched as easy. Going through all these inner tubes is beginning to add up.

The Brick workout itself was uneventful except for that it was 22 degrees with the humidex making it feel like 30 at 6 am. Summer is not over just yet.

My foot pod needs resetting. It said I ran 11.48 km in 54 minutes. I wish

1 comment: