Ironman Mont Tremblant

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Insomnia

Its almost 5:30 am and I've been up since 4 am.  Prior to Muskoka 70:3, I was having trouble sleeping.  By 8 pm I would be exhausted and ready to crash (except I couldn't go to sleep before the three kids) but usually woke up around 2:00 am until 4:00 am, fall asleep and then wake up and train at 5 am.  Not a great sleep pattern.  I thought it was due to the race and I was worried/excited or whatever.  Since Muskoka it has continued (although not as bad) and I'm wondering if its the "taper-down effect" of the season ending.  Is this common for other athletes?

Coach emailed me some info on the bike.  WOW!!  I'll forward the email to see what some of more experienced and knowledgeable friends think.  Its a smoking hot bike but given the way I ride (like shit) and my bike maintenance (like shit), it might be too much.  Did I also mentioned I like riding when its pitch black outside north of the city and I can't see anything on the road?

No comments:

Post a Comment