Ironman Mont Tremblant

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Weekly Update

Work is still busy but beginning to slow down however I have to work in about two hours so I figured I'd post a quick update

Nothing doing as it was a recover day from the Chilly.  I thought about doing P90X yoga but was too tired so I just read blogs.

Masters swimming but I was still tired and didn`t have a good workout.  Hockey was the same that night and we got hammered.  Its only pick up hockey so who cares

A pathetic bike ride as I barely made it through the drills.  Why am I doing drills three days after a race   What happened to my recovery week  The weather is looking really crappy with rain, snow and wind and tomorrow I have to run intervals so I switched it today while the weather is somewhat bearable.  I went over to my parents at noon and ran around the old hood.  Unfortunately I forgot my running jacket and there was no way I could run without a wind breaker and I did not want spend more than one hour driving home and back.  I phoned my brother Glen to see if he had any old jackets at the house.  He didn't but said just to wear any old windbreaker.  That did the trick as I wore my Moms bright yellow jacket which wasn't a bad idea as it was very overcast and rainy but the jacket made it easier for cars to see me.  The workout was 6 x 1,000 meters sprint @ a 4:30 min km in the pouring rain and wind.  This was going to be fun....not.  Clearly if this morning bike workout wasn't a great one, neither was this run.  Did I mentioned I ran a half marathon three days ago  I died on the last sprint and it was a slow jog back home.

Masters swim again which was a little better but I bailed on the last drill of 5 x 100 meters @ 1.45.  I tried swimming the first 100 meters but my goggles filled up with water and that was the end of workout.

Another ride and more one legged drills.  Did I mentioned how much I hate one legged drills
At least this ride was a little better than Wednesday.  I was supposed to pick up pizza for dinner on the way home but ended up getting stuck on a call.  I ended up being 90 minutes late and was starving.  I made the mistake of having one slice and it was all down hill from there.  One slice lead to another and.....  Then I opened a beer and another and.....

Unsurprisingly,  I gained two pounds last night.  This mornings run was for 2:20.  This was not going to be fun.  Did I mentioned I ran a Half Marathon six days ago  I got up at 4:30 am to eat and catch up on some blogs.  I left at 5:20 am and was tired at the end of the first two kilometers.  The temperature dropped and the sidewalks were like skating rinks so I ran on the road.  At that time of the morning it wasn't a problem as traffic was very light and when a car approached, they either changed lanes or I jumped on the side.  It wasn't an exciting run and not much to report other than the fact that it took me 2 hours and 20 minutes to run 24 km.  I did not care about pace or what zone I ran in.  I just wanted to get it done.  Maybe drinking beers the night before a long run isn't such a good idea

Time for a quick nap at 9:50 am before heading into work.

That's all I got.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you could use an extra day off - you dont want to catch a cold like me!

    Thats some crazy speed work you're doing on your runs! I gotta try that sometime, thats some respectable speed!

    You're working on a Saturday? I hope they're paying you big dollars for that ;) lol