Ironman Mont Tremblant

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Run Through The Past

At this time of year, the work volume has doubled.  Well not quite but its quite busy in fact I have meetings booked for this Saturday and next as well.  Yesterday I had swimming in the morning with Masters.  I was kind of annoyed with myself.  Usually I keep pace with Brian (non triathlete).  Although he's a couple of years older, last year we were pretty much the same speed but this year he seemed to drop off or maybe he's been sick the last couple of weeks.  I need someone to push me in order to get faster.  We started the last set of workout, 8 x 150 and by 6:30 am we only did three sets.  Brian packed it in and stopped swimming.  I, like a moron packed it in as well.  Looking back, there was no way I was going to finish all 8 sets but I should have finished at least two more as I was not tired at all.  On the shoulder front, the coaching has helped as it no longer aches.  I've tried to concentrate more on proper technique rather than just hammering it.

On Thursdays, the schedule calls for a swim in the morning and a run in the afternoon.  The last couple of weeks, I've been leaving work early and run as soon as I got home (around 4 pm) but yesterday I had a meeting for 3 pm and didn't want to run during rush hour as there are simply too many idiots on the road at that time.  Fortunately I work about five minutes from my parents house where I grew up so I went over and changed into my running gear and ran for one hour.  It was weird running through my old neighbourhood, by my junior high school and high school, past old friend's houses.  The only thing I didn't like was there are a lot of seniors that live there and when I was running into oncoming traffic, they didn't exactly move over to give me room, rather they just stayed in their lane even if there was no traffic coming towards them.  Once I finished my run, I showered and changed back into my suit and made it in time for my meeting.  Sweet

This morning was a 60 minute ride with no drills as this is a recovery week so I watched a couple of more episodes of Weeds.  Man, that show is pretty raunchy for TV

My weight has been dropping.  This morning I was down to 172.  Not bad, as I've lost about 5 pounds in two weeks.  I've cut back on the carbs over the last couple of days, so I'm sure it will move back up once I start eating carbs but it sure feels good.


  1. Congrats on the weight loss! Awesome progress!!

    I always get the urge to pack it in when the 'competition' leaves. Its not quite as fun/exciting on my own. Keep at it, that's great news about your shoulder. Mine acts up now and again, I get 'kinks' in my socket.

  2. Bummer on packing it in man. I never leave until my workout is done. Something in my head would not let me live it down if I bailed on prescribed workouts.

    Nice run choice... I HATE IDIOT DRIVERS. I try to run on trails all spring, summer, and fall... winter, lord help me.