Ironman Mont Tremblant

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Build Begins (well relativity speaking)

So this is the first week of my build up. Monday was a Brick workout that called for a 60 minute bike followed by a 55 minute run. I usually go on an empty stomach but I knew there was no way I could survive this workout so I actually ate before I hit the bike. In order to get everything completed (including stretching) that meant that I had to get up at 4:30 am to eat and then I started riding at 4:55 am. Wonderful. What else is there to do at 4:55 in the morning?

Somehow our warm spring has seemed to disappear as its gotten pretty chilly at nights and Monday morning there was a frost warning so I decided to ride inside and watch the Bourne Identity...again. Dripping wet, I changed into a dry t-shirt and headed outside for 55 minutes of fun. My knee was ok but started to ache around the 45 minute mark but I pushed on for the last 10 minutes. I was a little tired but felt ok.

All in all, it was a pretty good workout and I managed to burn 1215 calories. Not bad but I must of ate 900 calories for breakfast and then lunch...........well lets just say, I finished lunch by eating seven or eight chocolate chip cookies that had to be worth at least 250 calories each....doh! Dinner was a salad and some dish with beans and broccoli. This morning I was down half a pound. Whoo hoo!

Swimming was ok but pretty uneventful. Not many swimmers and my shoulder began to ache. I wonder why? Oh right, exercise - or there lack of. How did that go again? Must do exercise, must do.......

No comments:

Post a Comment