Ironman Mont Tremblant

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Ironman Mont Tremblant....Part Duh

Here we go but not off to a good start.  I went to sleep around 9:00 pm but was wide awake by 11:30 pm.  Its now 2:12 am and I'm tired.  The alarm is set to go off in about two hours.  Wonderful.  Its going to be a long day.

All day long Saturday, it rained off and on.  After taking the kids to the indoor swimming pool, I came back to the hotel to get my transition bags ready.  After much panicking I think I had everything sorted out except I couldn't find my run hat.  I could have sworn I packed it.  I guess I'll have to wear my Around The Bay 120th Anniversary hat.  I really like it and never wear it running.  I refuse to wear any Ironman Mont Tremblant gear for the race....bad luck.  After dropping my bike off in transition, I took my bike and run bags into the tent for the race

Bike Bags

Run Bags
After I dropped off my bags, I went to the expo show to buy a new run hat.  I found a cheap plain one ($20 cash) and went back into the tents to swap my Around The Bay hat.  After I got back to the hotel, I found my run hat underneath the coffee table.

The plan is to "wake up" at 4:15 am, drink one bottle of Boost Plus Calories (350 calories) and then eat a bagel with Soy Butter (fake peanut butter because Jake is allergies to nuts) and then an hour later, drink another bottle of Boost.  That should get me about 1,000 calories.   Then I'll hang out in the bathroom for a while as I am lactose intolerant.  I can handle some milk but not a lot.

Transition opens at 5:00 am and I'll go down to pump up my tires and drop my water bottles off.  Last year I forgot my bottles and ran back to the hotel.  It wasn't far away but not smart.  I also hope to get access to the bike and run bags as I want to add a water bottle to the run bag and take out the GPS tracker in my bike bag.  I'll leave it by my bike and this will allow Tammy to track me as I flounder on the course for many hours.

Its now 2:40 am and I can hear the drunks staggering home from the bars.  One disadvantage to staying in a tourist resort is that not everyone goes to be at 9:00 pm on a Saturday night.

The weather is almost identical to 2012.  Lots of rain the days before but clear the day of the race.  Lets hope it doesn't rain while I'm on the bike.  That would just suck

That's all I got for now.  Race Report is next


Do You See My Bike?
The Prize
PS:  I haven't had a beer in almost three weeks

PPS: I have a bet with Doru.  I beat him by three minutes at Ironman in 2012 and he clobbered me last year at MT 70.3.  This year, he's given me an hour and 15 minute head start as he qualified for the Boston Marathon earlier this year.  He plans to go 11:30.  This should be interesting.....






No comments:

Post a Comment