Ironman Mont Tremblant

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Catch Up

Last night I went to the hockey game and watch the Toronto Maple Leafs get embarrassed by a weaker team.  This was pretty much the nail in the coffin for another season without making the playoffs.  Actually, I can't remember the last time I watched the entire hockey game on TV but its always worthwhile watching when you're at the game especially when we were sitting 19 rows up from the ice surface and almost at dead center.  Great tickets!!

Unfortunately, we were sitting directly behind a very loud, obnoxious and belligerent lady, who got louder with each period (alcohol fueled).  I thought about turning around and saying something but it would be highly debatable to how fast the conversation would degenerate.  Sometimes, its better to turn the other cheek (Wow, am I growing up?).   Nope, I just didn't want to get into it because I was wearing a suit.  Her date/companion or whatever was much quieter than her.  It sounded like they were on their first date.  Yikes!  What a waste of money taking her to a hockey game where the tickets were $230 each.

I asked the guy sitting beside me if he would say something to her but he didn't want to either and he was a pretty big guy!  He joked that he hoped the game didn't go into a shoot-out as she would be screaming even louder!  We agreed that if the game did go into a shoot-out, we'd leave our seats and watch the rest of the game on the TV in the concourse.

My colleague used his iPhone reverse camera option to snap a picture of her.  They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words and they were right.....

On the training front, I paid for last night's fun and pints.  I had a 65 minute ride which the main set was 6 x 6 minutes of constant riding and trying to build the output with each interval.  The first interval didn't start out too well and it was down hill from there.  Coach was very happy with my results when I did this workout a month ago.  I don't think she'll be as happy this time around.  I followed it up with a 35 minute run.  Ugh.  Did I mention I didn't get home until 10:30 pm last night and was up at 4:45 am this morning? 

1 comment: