So Adena nailed me.
11 Random Things About Me
1. I'm not getting much work done today with all this blogging (so far this has taken several hours)
2. I'm pretty much an A-hole when I'm tired and don't get enough sleep (which is all the time)
3. I rarely get lost although I do use a GPS
4. I can remember phone numbers and license plates
5. I can't spell if my life depended on it. Thank god for spell check
6. I've back packed to Australia, New Zealand, Western Europe, Israel and Egypt. I've eaten Mcdonalds in every country I've been in and it all tastes about the same.
7. I work less than five minutes away from where I grew up. My parents still live in the same house
8. I have one sister and three brothers - two have done mutiple Ironmans and I'm trying to get my third brother into triathlons or at least duathlons
9. I'm cheap and shop at No Frills (discount grocery store)
10. I've done five bungy jumps. Four vertical (the highest was over 100 meters - 300 feet) and one horziontal in a bar in New Zealand. Duh, of course alcohol was involved!
11. I wake up between 4:30 - 4:45 am every day without an alarm. If I need to wake up earlier, I can without an alarm.
My answers to being tagged:
1. What is your favourite ‘weird’ food to eat?
2. If you could have any job/career at all, what would it be?
I'm doing it now
3. Do you know how I can get my safari address bar back permanently?
You're SOL, switch to Google Chrome
4. What is your best race memory?
My first traithlon was Belwood sprint in 2009 and I was running full blast. Right at the 6 km sign, I rolled my ankle and went down like a zebra being shot except I tucked my shoulder and my momentum carried forward. I sprang up and took off running. Everybody around me cheered. Coming down the last 500 meters, I was sprinting full out and I didn't feel my ankle but after the race I took off my shoe and my ankle swelled up like a balloon
5. What is your favourite song right now?
LMAFO - Party Anthem
6. What is your favourite training/racing gadget?
POWER TAP!!! - eat your heart out John P
7. Do you prefer to train with a team, or alone? Why?
Depends. Usually if I'm running or riding (indoors) alone because I start around 5 am and no one is around. If I'm swimming, then with my swimming bud. Swimming alone sucks
8. What is in your fridge right now?
Beer and food. What else would be in a fridge?
9. Favourite TV show? (if you watch TV)
Hmmm tough one. I don't really watch TV other than sports highlights. I like Holmes Inspection (which I rarely see), Weeds and Mad Men but I borrowed the sets from my manager and watch them on a my kids 7 inch portable DVD player so I don't actually watch it on TV
10. Favourite book?
Don't really have a favourite book but the book I'm currently reading (again) is Nick Leeson. The original rouge trader who brought down a 400 year old English bank
11. Do you have any pets? If so what, name, age.
Yup three of them
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11questions for you to answer:
1. Why and how did you get into triathlons?
2. Dark or white meat?
3. Beer, wine or liquor?
4. Where did you grow up?
5. TT or road bike?
6. Favorite vacation?
7. What do you do now that your parents did (and hated) when you were growing up?
8. Your favorite sport (not including swimming, biking or running)?
9. How many days per week do you spend on Slowtwitch?
10. How long ago was it since you've been hammered (drunk)?
11. $20,000. What would you buy with it?